Saturday, September 1, 2007

The Gregg Report


family on a log
Originally uploaded by
lars1021
Hello all! The Gregg family is still here, trying to keep up with our four little crazies. Well I take that back, they are not really "crazies" but life can get that way, as I'm sure many of your with any children can attest too. Miriam just started Third grade and is a budding artist. She is always sharpening her colored pencils so that they have just the right tip to make all the fine details of her fairy sketches. She is collecting the series of "Rainbow Magic" Fairy stories that she gains her inspiration from. When I think she is reading the book, she is only just studying the pictures so she can draw them just right. She is very good.
Emily started First grade and is loving her new teacher. She has been learning about recycling and regularly collects our recycling garbage to deposit in her classroom recycle bin. What an Earth conscientious girl! She has been trying really hard to be good and just last week earned enough points to eat lunch with her teacher! Wow, what an honor. She is also an excellent reader. Of course she has to keep up with Miriam on the Rainbow Magic books.
Markus is now three. His day usually starts like this: 6:30 am-"MOM! Where my cape?!"
6:31am-Cape is on, sword is in hand, some cereal is in the mouth
7:00am-Everyone else is out of bed. Sword is taken away for being too rough
7:01am"I'm torry Mommy. Can I pleeeeeb have my tord back?" "No, maybe after ,lunch if you can be nice"
Markus is certainly full of energy, which can be so darn cute but exhausting for his parents!
Zachary turned one year in June and is finally walking all on his own now. It took him a little longer because his big sisters liked to carry him around so much, there was really no need. Oh to be the baby! I love it when he is hungry he sits in his chair with his mouth open saying "ahhhhh". Just waiting for us to shovel some food in there. And boy does he eat. More than Markus even. We are not sure where it all goes, because is still quite a wirey kid. It is likely that he is just storing up this extra food energy for when he turns two.
Michael has been working as a Recruit Training Officer for Maricopa County Sheriff's Office for about five months now. He is really enjoying it. The only drawback is that this is only a temporary assignment. All RTO's are only allowed about one year in the training facility and then they have to go back to working the jails. That is not something Michael is looking forward to, so he is earnestly exploring other directions to take before he is transferred.
I have been staying at home with all the kids and have taken in a few other kids to earn some extra money. I am kind of proud of myself for finagling a swap with our piano teacher down the street. I watch her baby in exchange for her teaching the girls piano. It is working out quite well so far! I will also be starting a new position with Pinnacle High School on Tuesday. My old boss offered me a job as an Academic Advisor that works completely from home. I feel that this is such a blessing to be able to have the income but not have to leave the family. I will mostly work evenings and Saturdays, but get to be flexible with my time. I am very excited about this, but a little nervous too. I am not sure how quiet our house can be for me to get enough work done! WE will see!
Well sorry this is such a long post, but I figure someone's gotta take up the room, right? Might as well be me! I look forward to hearing from some other family members here on the blog too! Remember to check out all the individual sites as well. It is really fun!

No comments: