Today was a neat experience!
Below is a link to some pictures we took at Grandma and Grandpa Lee's re-interment.
http://gallery.mac.com/knicoll#100034
I hope everyone enjoys seeing them. The idea behind this gallery is for everyone to download, keep and share the photos. My hope also is that if enough of us jump on board, we'll all use the 'upload' feature in it. If anyone else took pictures, please ask them to upload them to this gallery so they can be shared with everyone as well.
In the future, I'm hoping we can take it a step further. We can create another web gallery called "Lee/Phillips Photos", we can use it to upload scanned copies of historical photos. If enough cousins would like to do it, I'll create it.
I know each family has photos, letters and other treasures we can scan or take a picture of. If everyone uploads them to the gallery, this will be a great way to keep all these wonderful heirlooms safe but at the same time available to all the family.
During Uncle Bill's comments at the Brigham City cemetery, he showed us a timepiece given to our Great, Great Grandfather Severin Nielson Lee for his long service to the Brigham City Tabernacle Choir. (He was finally released after 32 years in 1912) It was given to Grandpa Lee who was then charged to give it to his oldest son. After Uncle Bill it will be given to John Lee. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a close look at it today, but I think that would be a perfect example of something that should be photographed and made available to everyone.
Thanks,
Kempe
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a lovely slideshow. I'm tearing up just looking at it. I wish so badly that I had been able to come. Thanks for shaing the pictures! I hope more will post their pictures too.
Thanks Kempe. That was wonderful - I still feel bad that I couldn't go but now I can at least see pieces of the day and especially all those that were there.
Post a Comment