Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Words To Dad's Music

When you’ve wandered alone on the highways, with the wind and the rain in your hair__When your wisdom you’ve brought as you’ve struggled for naught o’re the rainbow that vanished in air.

Then a weariness comes and a longing for a shelter and comfort apart__ And you smile on the past that has shown you at last the desire that is deep in your heart.

Just a cottage small by a waterfall, at the closing of the day___With someone to wave by a garden gate who will charm your troubles away__Be it humble, all tumbled down, if there’s love to welcome you. Just a cottage small by a waterfall, is the place where dreams come true.

2 comments:

Aunt Maria said...

There is a second verse which is beautiful, but there was a glitch in the music. The sheet music is online if any of the Lee boys would ever like to get together and sing it. Wouldn't that be great!

I also heard recordings online that literally destroys the composer's intention.

So happy Dad's group sang it the best!

DeAnna said...

That is so cool, I just love hearing these clips. I think I can tell which one is Grandpa, I just listen for the one that sound like Dad. :)